Let the Redeemed of the Lord Say So
- We should always take time to remember what God has done for us and how blessed we are.
- Not only should we take time to remember, but we need to stand up and SAY SO. One of the reasons why our friends and neighbors are being lost in sin is that WE ARE TOO QUIET.
- Psalm 107 reveals:
- God as SAVIOR
- A need to GIVE THANKS for our salvation. Romans 1:21.
- The Psalm could be entitled, “A SONG OF THE CALAMITY WE FACED.”
- Yes, many of the verses recall things that happened to the Jews.
- BUT, the same things have happened to US! Do we need to be reminded?
I. The Calamity They Faced
- The wilderness wandering. Verses 4-9.
- The Rebellion Against God. Verses 10-16
- Sorrow and sickness. Fools because of their rebellious way! Verses 17-22. (Cf Numbers 21:4-9).
- A Picture of Life Without or With God. Verses
II. The Calamity WE face. (though many don’t think they face one!!)
- Our wilderness wandering in the “Desert of Sorrow and Sin” Verses 19-21 What WE NEED TO DO!
- Our Rebellion Against God. “I was Sinking Deep in Sin”
- Our Sorrow and SICKNESS: “Very deeply stained within sinking to rise no more.” WE NEED TO REMEMBER HOW DEEPLY WE HAD SUNK!
- A Picture of Life WITH or WITHOUT GOD.
- “Souls in danger look above Jesus completely saves…”
- OR we can continue to sink in our sin and unthankfulness.
III. OH, THAT MEN WOULD GIVE THANKS…” Verses 8, 15, 21, 32.
Sorry, readers. Unfortunately, WORDPRESS doesn’t paste the same thing that Word copies. That’s why there are orphans on the page.